Israel strikes south Lebanon, one killed after evacuation warning
Israeli forces struck targets in south Lebanon on Wednesday, killing one person, after issuing the first evacuation warning to residents in weeks. The Israeli military said the strikes were a response to a violation of the ceasefire with Hezbollah. Lebanon's health ministry confirmed the casualty but gave no further details on the location.

Israeli forces carried out strikes on targets in south Lebanon on Wednesday, killing at least one person, the Lebanese health ministry said. The attack came after the Israeli military issued its first evacuation warning to residents in the area in several weeks, a signal that had been largely absent since the fragile ceasefire with Hezbollah took hold.
The Israeli military said the strikes were carried out in response to a violation of the ceasefire agreement by Hezbollah, though it did not immediately detail the alleged breach. Hezbollah has not yet issued a public response to the accusation or to the strikes themselves.
The ceasefire, in place since late last year, has been tested repeatedly by sporadic strikes on both sides. Wednesday's warning and subsequent attack raise fresh questions about how long the truce can hold, with residents in border areas once again facing displacement.
Read next

Houthis launch new attacks on al-Makha and Marib as Yemen conflict escalates
Houthi forces launched new attacks on Yemen's al-Makha and Marib regions. The development signals a renewed escalation of the country's conflict in recent weeks after a period of relative calm.

Eleven killed in Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon, authorities say

Indonesia earthquake death toll reaches 53, thousands evacuated

Iran offers $30,000 bounty for killing or capturing US soldiers
