Nvidia tops revenue and guidance, adds $80 billion to share buyback
Nvidia posted first-quarter revenue of $47.1 billion, up 62% from a year earlier, and guided ahead of Wall Street estimates for the current quarter. The chipmaker added $80 billion to its share repurchase program, sending the stock up about 4% in after-hours trade.

Nvidia said on Wednesday that first-quarter revenue reached $47.1 billion, up 62% from the $29 billion reported a year earlier and ahead of the $46.4 billion expected by analysts polled by LSEG. The data centre segment alone contributed $41.2 billion.
For the current fiscal second quarter, the company forecast revenue between $49 billion and $51 billion, above the $48 billion analyst consensus. Chief executive Jensen Huang said the Blackwell architecture is meeting hyperscaler demand at full capacity and customer shipments will remain strong through the third quarter.
The board authorised an additional $80 billion in share repurchases. Combined with the remaining amount from the previous programme, total authorisation now stands at roughly $110 billion. Shares climbed about 4% in after-hours trade to near $156. Investors are now watching how last week's Chinese ban on the RTX 5090D V2 will weigh on guidance later in the year.
More from North America

US crude oil falls below $100 per barrel after Trump says Iran talks in final stages
US crude oil futures fell below $100 per barrel on Wednesday after President Donald Trump said negotiations with Iran were entering their final stages. West Texas Intermediate closed lower while Brent eased to $99.82. Traders began pricing out the war-risk premium that had built up over the past three months, though Trump kept up the warning rhetoric.

UAE says OPEC exit was a strategic economic move, not political
The United Arab Emirates said its decision to leave OPEC was a strategic economic choice rather than a political one. Officials told CNBC the move lets the country deploy spare production capacity freely and align output with its energy diversification plans.

SpaceX files IPO that could push Elon Musk into trillionaire territory
SpaceX has filed paperwork with US regulators for a long-anticipated public listing that bankers expect will become Wall Street's largest debut ever. The document reveals about $5.5 billion in losses but also Musk's tight founder grip and growing Starlink revenue. A listing near current valuations would lift Musk's net worth into trillionaire range.